Monday, January 20, 2020

It's time to resurrect the blog

The last time I posted here, it was 2008. Obama had not yet been elected. We were still high on the potential for "Hope and Change." We--well, at least, I--believed back then that "Yes we can" was a harbinger of equality, healthcare for all, and other good things to come. Now, it rings hollow, like the empty slogan it was.

Trump? No one in her right mind would have given him any serious thought as a contender for national office.

And the one guy who might pull us out of this quicksand, if it's not already too late, Bernie Sanders? Barely on my radar. Probably not on yours back then, either.

So, here we are, a dozen years later. As I look back, I see where I was right about some things, wrong about others.

I'll pick up again shortly, hopefully wiser than I was then, but no guarantees. Because, as Niels Bohr said (or maybe, it was Casey Stengel), "It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future."

- Anita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home